Click to Home
Go To Search
Town of Rocky Mountain House
5116 50th Avenue
Box 1509
Rocky Mountain House, AB
T4T 1B2
Ph: (403) 845-2866
Fx: (403) 845-3230
Business Licenses
The Town of Rocky Mountain House Bylaw 14/16V requires that every person carrying on or operating any of a business, callings, or trades must have a valid business license from the town. Business licenses must be renewed on an annual basis. The fee for business licenses is provided categorized by the location of the business in the table below:

GST Exempt
Commercial Business - In Town
Bylaw 14/16V
County Resident - Business
Bylaw 14/16V
Non Resident Business - Per day
Bylaw 14/16V
Non Resident Business - Per year
Bylaw 14/16V

Business License Application
The cost of a business license will be half the cost from July 1 to December 31 if purchased between these dates each year. This will exclude daily business licenses, and all other temporary uses, which will remain unchanged. To apply for a business license, please print off and fill out the Business License Application.

As an added value for businesses that purchase a Town Business License, the Town is NOW able to add your business name, contact number, and website URL on the Town of Rocky Mountain House's business directory found on the Town's website. If you consent to agree to have your business advertised in the Town's business directory (indicated on the application form), the Town will include your business contact info. on the Business Directory at no extra charge.

Home Occupation Permits
For home-based businesses, a Home Occupation Development Permit must be approved first before a business license can be issued. The town’s Development Officer is the approval authority for all Class 1 Home Occupation Permits, and the Rocky Mountain House Municipal Planning Commission is the approval authority for all Class 2 Home Occupations.

To determine whether your business is a Class 1 or Class 2, please contact Planning and Community Development at
(403) 847 5260. The fee for Home Occupation Development permits and Business Licenses is provided in the table below:

Home Occupation
Class 1
Bylaw 14/16V
Class 1 plus one time development permit fee
LUB 11/11LU  
Class 2
Bylaw 14/16V 
Class 2 plus one time development permit fee $125
LUB 11/11LU  

To apply for a Home Occupation Development permit, please print off and fill out the Home Occupation Development Permit Application.

Temporary Use of Public Property Application
For temporary commercial use of public property (e.g., sidewalk sales, sidewalk patios, or temporary vending) please use the Temporary use of Public Property application.