- Government of Alberta - Emergency Financial Assistance
If you are facing an unexpected emergency, you can apply for emergency financial assistance.
If you are an existing Income Support recipient, contact your support worker.
Otherwise, apply online or by calling the 24-hour Emergency Income Support Contact Centre:
Government of Alberta Emergency Isolation Support
Eligible working Albertans can receive a one-time emergency isolation support payment of $1,146 if they are required to self-isolate or are the sole caregiver of someone in self-isolation and they have no other source of pay or compensation.
If you need help completing your application, call Alberta Connects at 310-4455, open 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm. Please be patient as call volumes may be high.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit - Service Canada
Will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to eligible workers who have lost their income due to COVID-19.
Clearwater Regional FCSS maintains a database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. To get involved, please complete a volunteer application form and return it to email@example.com.
What is FCSS?
In brief, Family and Community Support Services...
- help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis;
- help people to develop an awareness of social needs;
- help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people;
- help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them; and
- provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community.
The FCSS philosophy is based on a belief that self-help contributes to a sense of integrity, self-worth and independence. Programs are intended to help individuals adopt healthy lifestyles, thereby improving the quality of life and building the capacity to prevent and/or deal with crisis situations should they arise.
|Funding Documents||Outcomes Measurement Documents||Sample documents|
|2020 CRFCSS Funding Application (Word)||40 Developmental Assets for Youth||Sample Program Logic Model (ie: Family holiday party)|
|Sample Budget Spreadsheet (Excel)||Outcomes Measures Bank: Children & Youth||Sample Survey (ie: Family holiday party)|
|Affordable Housing Application||Outcomes Measures Bank: Individuals, Families & Communities||Sample Tabulated Survey (ie: Family holiday party)|
|Sample Program Summary Report (ie: Family holiday party)|
Eligible programs and services
FCSS uses a “people helping people to help themselves” approach and offers a wide range of programs and services at the community level. Services provided under FCSS must be preventative and may include initiatives and programs that:
- help communities identify their social needs and develop responses
- promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community
- inform the public about services
- support children and their families’ social development
- help families enrich and strengthen family life and function more effectively in their own environment
- enhance retired and semi-retired people’s quality of life
Ineligible programs and services
FCSS funding cannot be used for programs and services that:
- are only focused on an individual’s leisure or recreational needs
- provide an individual or family with basic living supports such as money, food, clothing or shelter
- are only focused on rehabilitation
- duplicate services provided by government or a government agency
The Family and Community Support Services: Program Advice Inventory Listing will assess program and service eligibility.
Block Party Toolkit
Block Parties are an excellent way for neighbours to connect. When you know your neighbours, you feel a greater connection to your community. You can exchange skills and resources and it’s a great crime prevention approach. It’s fun and no prior experience is needed in order to host. Download the Toolkit for a step-by-step guide on how to plan a Block Party.
Questions or Inquiries?
Andrea Vassallo Rebecca Zezula
Clearwater Regional FCSS Manager FCSS Program & Volunteer Coordinator
Box 1509 Box 1509
5332-50th Street 5332-50th Street
Rocky Mountain House, AB Rocky Mountain House, AB
T4T 1B2 T4T 1B2