Residential Solid Waste
Residential Solid Waste is collected by Empringham Disposal.
As of Feb. 1, 2020, the regular Tuesday collection route (North of Hwy. 11A) has moved to Thursday.
Wednesday collection remains the same.
Residents must have their bins out no later than 7 a.m. on collection day to ensure pick-up.
Trucks will not return to pick up late bins.
Residents are invited to deposit recyclable material at the Rocky Mountain Transfer Station, located at 5313-44 St. For a list of recyclable products, please visit www.myrockywaste.com.
Residential bulk garbage pick-up
The Engineering and Operations department undertakes one residential bulk garbage pick-up each spring, generally in the week following the May long weekend.
The Town will pick up everything except animal carcasses, fridges, freezers, old vehicles and hazardous materials. Please observe the following:
- Trees, branches, boards, etc. are cut to lengths less than 1.8 m (6 ft).
- Metal, wood, grass/sod, etc. are sorted and piled separately.
- Grass clippings and/or sod is bagged or placed in garbage container for easy handling. Bags should weigh less than 20 kilograms (45 lbs).
- Place items for pick-up on the edge of the back alley. Do not encroach into the laneway. If you do not have a back alley items may be placed in front of your house.
- Clearly label any items that are not to be picked up, or remove those items from the back alley.
Questions? Contact the Engineering & Operations Department: 403-845-3220