Main content of the website

  • fontA
  • A
  • A

Permits & Licenses

Whether you are a new business, existing business or a building owner, use this section to assist in understanding the various permit and license requirements for operating a business in Rocky Mountain House. 

View our Changes in Occupancy & Tenant Improvements to Businesses and Buildings for where to start.

Business Licenses

In order to carry on or operate a business in Rocky Mountain House, a person must hold a valid business license.

Learn More

Development Permits

A development permit is required for any new development within the Town. Development permit approval ensures that the proposed development, whether a use or new building, conforms to all the regulations of the Land Use Bylaw.

Learn More

Building Permits

Renovations and business uses must adhere to provincial requirements, such as the National Building Code, Alberta Edition 2019, which are reviewed through a building permit application. 

Learn More

Contact Us

Planning and Community Development Department

Downstairs, Town Office
5116-50 Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1B2