Residential property owners in the Town of Rocky Mountain House can finance up to 100% of their energy efficiency or renewable energy projects.
The Clean Energy Improvement Program, or CEIP, is an innovative financing tool for residential property owners to finance up to 100% of energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy installations. CEIP offers competitive financing and makes repayment convenient through your property’s regular tax bill.
This program provides an affordable way for homeowners to make energy-saving improvements to their homes through low interest financing. Plus, the program creates opportunities for local contractors.
PARTICIPANT & PROPERTY ELIGIBILITY
Must be the legal owner of an existing low-rise residential property located in the Town of Rocky Mountain House and meet all requirements listed in the Town of Rocky Mountain House Program Terms and Conditions.
FINANCING TERMS & INTEREST RATE
The maximum financing term is the lesser of 20 years or the effective useful life (EUL) of the eligible upgrades. The EUL is the average time in years where the upgrade is expected to result in energy savings and is noted at myCEIP.ca/residential. The interest rate provided by the Town of Rocky Mountain House for eligible CEIP projects will not exceed the ATB prime interest rate plus 1%.
All eligible energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades are posted at myCEIP.ca/residential. Upgrades must have a minimum cost of $3,000 to qualify for financing.
For full program details, visit myCEIP.ca/RockyMountainHouse.
- Competitive interest rates and long repayment terms
- Flexibility to repay the Clean Energy Improvement Charge at any time
- Clean Energy Improvement Charge is tied to the property, not the property owner
- If rebates and incentives (municipal, federal, or other) are available they can be used to reduce your project cost.
Types of Upgrades Available
- HVAC control and heating (e.g., high efficiency furnace, air source heat pump)
- Water heating (e.g., tankless natural gas water heater, drain water heat recovery)
- Renewable and alternative energy (e.g., solar PV, combined heat and power)
- Doors, windows and insulation
CEIP helps address the upfront cost barriers associated with energy efficiency and renewable upgrades. Residential, and potentially commercial property owners, can access flexible financing from the Town of Rocky Mountain House to pay for eligible upgrades that increase energy efficiency or generate renewable energy, making spaces healthier and more comfortable.