Current career opportunities with the Town of Rocky Mountain House
The Town is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of Casual Airport Operator. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and result driven. This person will be part of a great team in providing maintenance to the Rocky Mountain House aerodrome.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 6,800 at the doorstep to the Rocky Mountains and outdoor adventure. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Rocky Mountain House you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the Christenson Sports and Wellness Centre, the Credit Union Co-op Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks, extensive trail system and playgrounds. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
As a key player in our team you will have or willing to achieve the following qualifications:
- First Aid, CPR, Dangerous Goods and WHIMIS
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver Operators License
- Restricted Air Radio Licence
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Related experience in the field of aviation
- Experience in operating grass cutting equipment and snow removal
- Ability to maintain excellent public relations with airport users and the public
- Must be able to work irregular hours - the hours worked are contingent upon the requirements of the position & may be flexible due to the nature of the position.
The Town of Rocky Mountain House offers a competitive salary.
Please submit your resumé with a cover letter on or before January 15, 2021. The Town of Rocky Mountain House thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply in confidence to:
Rob Shanks, Director of Engineering and Operations
Town of Rocky Mountain House
5116 50th Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, Alberta T4T 1B2