Building Permits

Renovations and business uses must adhere to provincial regulations, such as the National Building Code, Alberta Edition 2019, which are reviewed through a building permit application. For more information, view our Building Permit Process brochure.

How do I apply for a Building Permit?

1. Complete the applicable Building Permit Application Form, include construction plans and a site plan.

2. Permits for electrical, gas and plumbing may also be required. Below are links to these applications. These are issued through IJD Inspections Ltd.  

3. Submit completed application form and applicable Building Permit Application Fee to: 

Planning and Community Development Department
PO Box 1509
5116-50 Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1B2

How long will a building permit approval take?

Building permits can take two weeks for approval. It is important to get your documentation in as early as possible.

Do I need a permit for a fence?

The Town of Rocky Mountain House does not issue development or building permits for fences. If you are going to construct a fence, we ask you make sure the fence is within or on your property line, and that the fence regulations of the Land Use Bylaw are followed. Click here for a Fences Brochure.

Building Permit Application Forms

(See Building Permit Application Checklist for more information)

Electrical, Gas, Plumbing and Private Sewage Permits

Contact Us

Planning and Community Development Department

Downstairs, Town Office
5116-50 Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1B2