FIRE BAN STILL IN EFFECT
A Fire Ban remains in effect for the Town of Rocky Mountain House.
The following are prohibited within Town Limits:
- All outdoor wood fires are banned, including wood campfires on public lands, wood campfires on private land, and in campgrounds.
- Backyard firepits.
- BBQ charcoal briquettes.
- The use of fireworks and exploding targets.
- Open fires (brush, bonfires etc.)
- Propane/natural gas-powered appliances.
- Open flame oil devices (e.g., turkey deep fryers, tiki torches).
- Indoor wood fires contained within a device with a chimney and spark arrestor.
- All appliances must be CSA approved and used per the manufacturer’s standards.
The fire ban will remain in effect until conditions improve.
- Visit https://albertafirebans.ca/
This notice was updated to be consistent with Alberta Wildfire prohibitions on banned and permitted appliances